Monday, March 23, 2009

It’s just silliness really….

The clouds returned today. I’m not sure why but their presence was so comforting, like a security blanket for me. We’ve been in the middle of rainy season for some time now and the rains have been harder than ever but then one day they just didn’t come. It’s not like it got less and less just one day Outjo didn’t have rain, worse-there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. A cloudless sky is always a sign of winter. It’s strange that the clouds completely disappear and all of the sudden the temperature starts to drop and you realize another season is coming. My time here is flying by. Already we are coming up on the end of March, it feels like it was just yesterday I said goodbye to California-that was almost 17 months ago. I can’t stop time, as hard as I try the weeks keep passing and I realize the end is near. Soon I will be saying goodbyes to the dear friends and co-workers I’ve made in Outjo not knowing if our paths will ever cross again. So back to today, the clouds returning makes me hopeful that winter is still off in the distance, that rainy season will last a little longer and that time in a sense will stand still or at least not go forward in my mind and I’ll have just a few more cloudy moments with Outjo.

1 comment:

Mama Ruck said...

Time has passed quickly. We are all looking forward to seeing you whenever you return. Clayton will show you his tongue and tell you all about cows. They 'moo' ya know!