Saturday, July 5, 2008

Random moments and thoughts from the last 48 hours…

As I got on the train to leave Windhoek I found that the car was very crowded (unusual) and not one bunk area had a door (fabulous!!!).
…………………………………
As I am meeting “new friends” on the train a woman kindly approaches me about my safety and informs me “You don’t need to be worried miss, no don’t be worried I will sleep with you tonight, in your blanket, with you.” (Um, ok you are now the only one I’m worried about on this train, not the angry drunks, the old men looking at me and my stuff in odd ways, ONLY YOU MISS).
………………………………….
Holy crap it’s cold. Beyond cold, I can see my breath every second I’m on the train.
………………………………….
Well my bright yellow “Stop TB” is kinda stained with black dots thanks to a washing machine and permanent marker and now I was wondering what on earth would I wear everyday. Luckily Namibia is awesome like this and I received a bright neon green “Drink Responsible” shirt, problem solved, thanks Namibia!!!
……………………………………
I woke up in Outjo this Friday freezing. Seriously after a hot bucket bath and walking to work I was still freezing. After a few hours and a game of volleyball I finally got some warmth restored to my fingers, really Namibia who knew July was going to be so freezing, worst thing since I have no way to warm up, ugh.
…………………………………….
Razor wire fence ZERO – Amanda 1 (before our Drink Responsible Celebration as I was putting flags on our new fence)
…………………………………….
Razor wire fence 1,0000 – Amanda 1 (after taking the flags down, 1,000 alluding to the number of cuts on my hands)
You win razor wire fence, you win!
………………………………………
An Afrikaner carnival in Outjo – of course! An Afrikaner country singing duo making an appearance, I’ve never seen a bigger Afrikaner crowd in Namibia – EVER! Wow, who are these country singing brothers?
………………………………………
To celebrate America’s independence I thought about going to the Afrikaner carnival but settled on sitting in bed watching 3 seasons of the television show Weeds, something that displays America at it’s finest!!! Happy Independence America!!!!!!!!

No comments: