Sunday, February 24, 2008

another day in Outjo

Oh, I love Namibia. This morning I woke up bright and early for my morning run and I got to enjoy the most beautiful sunrise over the Location. As I run up the hill perpendicular to the old age home (where I live) I could see the clouds lift over town and off in the distance fog is nestled in the valley created by all the hills surrounding Outjo. It was so beautiful. The sky a deep pink color with bright orange streaks. Seriously, a great way to start off the week. I love Namibia, I love Outjo.



Dear Namibian Rain,

Thank you so much for returning to Outjo. I was really beginning to miss your face. It has been so hot and all I want to do is run in the rain again. I know this is rainy season so why did you leave me so quickly. I enjoy your thunder and lightening storms and the way the clouds look as you fall. I really wish you intend to stay for awhile but the morning clear blue skies has me thinking you have found another place to go. Seriously come back, I miss you, I need you. I promise to be good to you, to enjoy every moment, even when the electricity goes out, JUST COME BACK! Please stay until winter.

Longing for your love,
Dar


Dear Funky Bump on my finger,

What the heck are you, where did you come from and how do I get you to leave? I really wish you would just go away, stop hurting and really, really stop growing. I would look in my med kit for some magical cure if I only knew what the heck you were. I can help but scratch and pick at you cause I find you so intriguing but now I fear you might get infected if you don't heal soon. You are driving me up the wall, please leave and never return.

Really Annoyed,
Dar

No comments: