Wednesday, February 27, 2008

God is great

Words cannot really describe last night’s sunset. I walked out of the elderly home and just casually looked to my left towards Otjiwarongo and literally had to catch my breath. It was so beautiful and I couldn’t look away. As I walked to the end of the road to get a better view I just stood there in awe. There were two huge yet perfect dark purple clouds joining at the bottom by a thin line. Behind the purple clouds the sky was the brightest pink and orange I have ever seen. Seriously, amazing in color. So deep, so rich. Right at the tip of the mountains and below the line connecting the purple clouds was a faint yellow ball. The yellow from the sun was really overshadowed and overpowered by the pink and orange in the sky. You could easily miss the sun if you were not starring as I was. To make the sunset even more fabulous there was a lightening storm in the purple clouds around the sunset, so for the 10 minutes I stood there I would see bolts of white light move through the clouds or the entire cloud would light up. Gosh it was so amazing.

For a moment time stood still. I just stood in awe, thinking how majestic, how wonderful, and how blessed I am to have been a witness to the most beautiful Namibian sunset. Don’t get me wrong every night here God does a magnificent show but last night, ah, last night He really out did Himself. I wish I had a camera that could have really captured the beauty of last night, or maybe if I was a skilled painter, this sunset beat anything Van Gogh or Monet or anyone has done thus far in terms of use of color. It was seriously one of the best moments of my life, so simple, so pure. In that moment I knew: one, that God exists, that He loves me very much and that yes, I am exactly where I am suppose to be. All that in a sunset you might ask, yes all that in a sunset, it was just that powerful. Like I said no words could really convey the beauty of the sunset but I thought I had to at least share with you just how amazing God’s creation can be. It was seriously the most beautiful night yet in Outjo, gosh God is great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are becoming quite a writer of words. i hope to see that too when i come.

mom