Wednesday, February 13, 2008

oh the things that pass the time Feb. 10 journal entry

So I ask, which would have been easier change my sandals because they are digging into my skin and causing my foot to bleed or take apart my medical kit and do a minor surgical procedure on my foot, cover my foot in bandages afterwards and place the same sandal back on?  I chose the second option because 1) I really like these sandals and 2) my ride to Opuwo is four hours late and I needed something to occupy my time - haha THIS IS MY LIFE!

Hi, and welcome to my blog spot.  Just so everyone knows there is no editing done so I apologize for misspellings and grammatical errors (Jill will always point them out to me, thanks Nam sis).  There is no purpose to this blog just the thoughts of the moment of stories from the the mundane moments that occupy the days of my 26 month service in Namibia.

The other day during my morning jog I came across some a section of road that was covered in brown leaves.  Wow I thought, the leaves fall here too.  As I approached the area I discovered it wasn't leaves but thousands of dead moths stuck to the road by at least one wing.  Odd one would say how can you mistake a moth for a leaf.  Well in Namibia moths are more like small birds normally the size of my hand or my face and they are in shades of brown, orange and red - hence the mixup.

Today I ate moldy bread.  The VSO said ew and told me to throw it away but I thought this looks like such a delicious PB&J sandwich and I'm in Africa so I shouldn't waste food and well PC doesn't pay me enough not to eat my moldy bread...I hope I don't get a stomach ache.  *side note I was still eating that same loaf of moldy bread for the next three days until I couldn't deny that my bread was indeed all green and not brown....I like to think this is one of the many things that separate PCVs from VSOs...WE are hard core!!!

No comments: