Monday, April 14, 2008

of course in Namibia

Today was hilarious and it's hard to explain the randomness of it all but I was fortunate enough to get a free ride from Windhoek back to my site by an Angolan priest working in the region. For the 3.5 hour car ride I was attempting to understand Porteguese (sorry can't spell this evening, nor do I care to spell check) with whatever Spanish I know and tried to communicate with the passengers using my horrible Spanish skills. I mean forget learning Damara or Afrikaans, today the only language I needed was one that actually isn't one of the the 10 or so spoken here. Oh and I must say Angolan music really puts Damara hymns to shame, the are fabulous.

1 comment:

Jill N said...

my friend eric said he's sending me Season 2 of the Office. It's on it way--but he ordered it from Amazon and I'm not sure it will ever get here since the "send" address doesn't allot for African awe and wonder. Either way, I'm looking forward to more face time with MY boyfriend!:)

Can't wait to see your shining face tomorrow! I will bring you a couple of books I think you'll like--and season 3 of LOST--if you remember to bring my sleeping bag. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THAT.

Between you and your mom, the Ruckers are really making my Namibian life great. (Hopefully she gets her thank you note soon!)