Monday, September 15, 2008

dear dear Namibia

Dear co-worker who fed me this Sunday,

THANK YOU!!! It was amazing and I'll seriously trade you my chocolate chip cookies for your pumpkin fritters.

Gotta deal?
Dar

Dear Freezing Cold Water Showers,

I'm starting to appreciate you again. Please forgive me for the months of winter where I tried so hard to avoid you.

Glad to be friends again,
Dar

Dear Time Change,

I hate you. You’ve managed to mess up my sleep and running schedule and now I can't function right.

Cranky,
Dar

Dear Bugs,

Why oh why have you returned. Not only have I put my mosquito net down but you are still getting inside and eating me alive. Can’t we make a deal until Christmas or something?

Getting red and itchy,
Dar

Dear Mom,

I love that when you called yesterday and told me of exciting news you said “Oh, and since you won’t be here Friday….”, yes I won’t be there Friday, just like I wasn’t there last Friday or any of the Fridays for the last 11 months. I think it’s time we deal with the fact that I won’t be there for the next 14 months of Fridays either.

Very humored,
Your loving daughter : )

P.S. I joined the Peace Corps
P.P.S. Oh, but please keep the care packages coming

For those special Namiban men in my life…

Dear Security Guard,

You obviously got the point that I was a little weirded out by you and I know you understood when I asked please don’t watch me but tonight you hit a high note. As I was stretching after my run I heard something in the tree above the parking lot where I hang out and wouldn’t you know who was hanging out in the tree. It may have been late and pitch dark but your bright orange shirt gives you away. Please stop. There are so few places I can stretch and exercise without the old people watching me, why must you take away that one?

Not fooled by the monkey in the tree,
Dar

Dear Damara man who asked if he could test my vagina,

No. No sir sadly you cannot. I would also like to add that I’m really impressed by your English vocabulary but my answer is still no.

Not flattered,
Dar

Dear NamPost Employee,

I’m a little hurt that I was your second choice for a foreigner date. Maybe you could have had a shot had you not asked out the VSO first. True there is a good chance you thought she was me but still.

Never going to the lodge for dinner, doing laundry, talking, going for a cool drink or holiday-ing in Etosha with you,
Dar

No comments: