Saturday, September 13, 2008

starting to love the DRC

One of our doctors in Outjo is from the DRC and has decided to make it his job to educate me on current American news, he has a television and better internet access so I gladly appreciate his updates. His wife and I have hardly spoken to each other except about computers and internet for work purposes (she's also a doctor) but one day she touched my stomach and told me I was getting fat, which I did not appreciate as much as she might have thought I would. Anyways, her husband has totally made up for her fat comments, not only for my American news education but also in compliments. One day he said "We always see you running or walking around Outjo and I tell my wife look at how strong she is" (that is more of a compliment than the fat thing) and then last week I was feeling odd about turning 26 (seems old to me) and he said "Oh, don't worry you are still just a girl", thanks friend for brightening my days!

No comments: